This is a modern take on an old classic, perfect for entertaining in the warmer months. You will need 4 dessert, martini or short rocks glasses for this recipe. Serves 4.
Printable recipe version here
For the base
- The flesh of 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon mint, plus extra leaves for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus extra for serving
- 400g watermelon cut in 2cm dice
- 200g Greek feta
- 4 lemon slices for garnish
For the prawns
- 12 raw prawns (shelled and de-veined, tails left on), coated in 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt to taste.
For the base of the cocktail, we need to make an avocado puree. Blend together the avocado, olive oil, lemon juice, mint leaves and salt until smooth and set aside. For the prawns, fry in a hot pan for approx. 1 minute each side, do not overcook. To assemble your cocktail, divide the avocado puree in the bottom of your glasses. Add watermelon pieces and crumble in some small chunks of feta. Arrange 3 prawns in each glass and sprinkle a little salt over the top. Garnish with a few mint leaves, an extra squeeze of lemon and a lemon slice in each glass for some retro flair!