Downloadable recipe here
Makes 1 cocktail…double or triple as you need 😉
For the cocktail:
- Plenty of Ice (approx. 1-1 ½ cups)
- 30ml of your favourite gin (we used Four pillars)
- 30ml pomegranate molasses
- 45ml lemon juice
- 15ml simple sugar syrup*
- 1 whole raw eggwhite* (optional)
For the garnish:
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A scattering of pomegranate seeds from half a fresh pomegranate
- 4-5 ice cubes for serving
- 1x short (rocks) glass
- 1x cocktail/Boston shaker (alternatively you can use a large jar)
- 1x small strainer
- 1x manual citrus juicer
- 1x jigger measure, or other small quantity measure
Combine all cocktail ingredients into a cocktail shaker (or large jar if you don’t own one) and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, or until the liquid looks light and fluffy. Place your 4-5 ice cubes into a rocks glass and strain the sour mixture over the top. It should look foamy and creamy like cappuccino froth! Beautifully garnish your beverage by sprinkling over a pinch of cinnamon and a small handful of fresh pomegranate jewels.
*Simple sugar syrup is made by stirring together equal parts white sugar and boiling water until the sugar dissolves. Wait until the mixture is completely cool before using in any cocktails.
*Raw eggwhite is optional in this drink, however it is necessary to achieve the light fluffy texture we’re looking for. The proteins from the eggwhite are what stabilises the froth, without it your cocktail will look a little flat and lack creaminess.